Features and Benefits
MasterControl Analytics includes at least 45 standardized reports for each module.
These preconfigured reports can be easily customized by non-technical users—or
new reports can be created from scratch.
The powerful analytics tool provides the following:
- Two user modes
- Basic: Also known as the viewer mode, it allows users to filter, print, and export data.
- Interactive: Also known as the editor mode, it allows users to change column size; add/remove
columns, create new data columns (e.g., percentages, column math) and create new data within the report; and add
or subtract columns, images, groupings, summary fields, calculated fields, filters, labels, and graphics.
- A user-friendly graphical interface with a stylized preview of reports in the form of icons
- Ability to create dynamic filters
- A formula editor that can provide some mathematical functions, including the concatenation of column data or mathematical transformations
- Robust sorting that allows sorting on data columns as well as custom data columns
- Web-based reporting and graphing
- Ability to aggregate data in terms of count/sum/average/minimum/maximum, etc.
- Advanced, easy-to-use features such as filtering, multiple sort levels and report scheduling
- Drill-down capabilities
- Trending capability (which enables users to chart data by week, month, etc.)
- Dashboard capability for consolidating multiple trend charts onto a single page (this facilitates viewing relationships)
- Ability to join parent and child datasets together into a single report
MasterControl Analytics provides over 200 real-time standardized reports across all modules and solutions, including training, document
control/management, project, portal business process library, supplier management, and Bill of Materials (BOM). Listed below are a few
examples of these standard reports:
Charting and Trending
- Approved Vendor List: Lists all approved vendors
- BOM Where Used: Lists all the BOMs where an item is used
- Process Cycle Time: Provides the average time each process takes to complete
- Open CAPAs: Lists open CAPAs and can be grouped by various attributes such
as department, issue source, process step, etc.
- Complaints Trend: Displays the trend of the number of complaints opened over
- Pending Training: Shows employees who have not completed assigned training
by job code or course
- Project Status: Provides percent complete information for all active projects
- Document Master List: Lists all effective documents
- Action Tracking: Displays the complete history of the actions taken on a
document each time it was viewed, edited, revised, etc.
- User Rights by Module: Lists the rights assigned to each user by module
A user can optionally create a chart based on a customized hierarchical report.
The user may also display the chart as a trend. An example of a trend chart
is the number of sales created each month over the entire year.
Equip your data analysts, report developers, and other users with the right tools. With MasterControl
Analytics, users simply tell the software which data they want to report on (e.g., documents, CAPAs,
completed training records, deviations, etc.), what they want the report to show, and the format desired.
They can copy and modify standard reports to create new reports. Both advanced and non-technical users will
be able to generate reports for compliance purposes and to help your organization make well-informed business decisions.
MasterControl Inc. produces enterprise software solutions that enable life science and other regulated companies to deliver
life-improving products to more people sooner. MasterControl’s integrated solutions securely manage a company's critical information
throughout the entire product lifecycle while reducing overall costs and increasing internal efficiencies. More than 1,000 companies
worldwide ranging from five employees to tens of thousands use MasterControl’s suite of scalable cloud solutions for document management,
quality management, electronic batch record management, supplier management, and clinical and regulatory information management. MasterControl
solutions are known for being easy to implement, easy to validate and easy to use. For more information, visit