Making the Business Case for Implementing Quality Management (QMS) Products
Today, across all industries, companies are facing mounting pressures to comply with a seemingly endless array of complex regulations, standards, and quality initiatives from the FDA, EMA, ISO, and other global regulatory agencies. While it's tempting to recite the tried (and undeniably true) "because regulations say so" argument to justify the implementation of strong quality management products and processes, there are other benefits to using MasterControl that will resonate more strongly with stakeholders. Some of these benefits include:
- Reduced cost of compliance: MasterControl QMS products allow you to define, track, manage and report all of your quality processes - everything from CAPA to risk management - in one centralized database rather than having to track those processes across a host of disparate systems. This not only reduces your cost of compliance, but also increases your competitive advantage.
- Improved operational efficiency: MasterControl quality management products are out-of-the-box and configurable to accommodate your organization's existing business and IT infrastructures. This flexible design ensures rapid installation, implementation, and validation, so you get your quality system up and running quickly, and improve your compliance requirements almost immediately.
- Brand and reputational protection: Using MasterControl QMS products can significantly improve your product supply and recall process. As risks are managed more effectively, embarrassing (and costly) product shortages and recalls are avoided, and your company's reputation is protected. Ultimately, this leads to increased brand equity.
- Increased customer attraction and retention: MasterControl quality management products can help you sustain your delivery of high-quality products. As consumers become more sophisticated and competition continues to increase, only organizations that are able to demonstrate product superiority will be able to win sales and retain customers.
MasterControl Quality Management (QMS) Products Provide Unified Compliance Across the Enterprise
MasterControl QMS products allow you to create a unified solution for managing a wide-range of compliance requirements, from processes and documentation to training and supplier management, across individuals, departments, and geographical locations. With robust, integrated quality management products from MasterControl, you can manage every phase of your critical compliance programs, including:
- Corrective Action and Preventive Action (CAPA) - The overall effort to investigate and correct quality issues to prevent recurrence - is the crux of any quality system. MasterControl CAPA™ is an easy-to-use software solution designed to automate and effectively manage the CAPA process and integrate it with other quality processes, such as change control, audit, nonconformance, and customer complaints, for holistic quality management. CAPA is a complex process, but quality management products like MasterControl CAPA can simplify it significantly.
- Document Management and Control - MasterControl Documents™, one of MasterControl's flagship QMS products, automates the routing, delivery, escalation, and approval of documents and can handle all types of documents, regardless of the software used to create them. Document management and document control are essential to improving product quality, compliance, business operations, and, ultimately, your organization's bottom line.
- Process Control - MasterControl Process™, another one of MasterControl's flagship quality management products, expedites forms-based processes and controls the user's ability to launch processes based on rights. Expediting processes saves time and money, while reducing the potential for making mistakes.
- Risk Management - MasterControl Risk™ is a "one-stop-shop" that unifies all risk-related activities and documentation in a single, centralized repository. MasterControl Risk provides a complete and accurate picture of the risk landscape across product lines, business processes, and business units, precluding reputation damage from recalls of regulatory action. Effective quality management products like MasterControl Risk can help your organization efficiently identify and mitigate your long-term systemic risk.
- Training - Documenting training is critical for any regulated company. QMS products like MasterControl Training™ automate the routing, tracking, documentation, training, and retraining of training tasks. Whenever there's a change in an SOP or other document linked to a course, all affected employees receive new training tasks and notification via email. This not only increases efficiency, but also ensures that employees are performing their job tasks in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
Quality Management Products Help Transform Your Compliance Burdens into Real Business Benefits
Regulatory requirements are not going away, in fact, they're growing. Whether you manufacture drugs, medical devices, or automobiles, complying with existing and pending regulations directly impacts your bottom line. While some regulated organizations still view compliance as a burden, companies with the right quality management products should view it as a strategic business opportunity. By making data available across the enterprise in an easy-to-access central repository, and allowing employees to view the information in real time, compliance simply becomes an everyday part of doing business - and a roadmap to a more efficient, effective organization.
For More Information about Quality Management (QMS) Products
Our team of experts is always available to answer your questions about quality management products. Call a MasterControl representative to get your questions answered by calling us toll free at 800-825-9117 or contact us online.