Controlling documentation of supplier information, parts, materials, and services can be the most challenging aspect of supply chain management. By implementing an effective supplier quality management software solution, manufacturers gain the ability to seamlessly connect and monitor databases of suppliers’ products and services, Approved Vendor Lists, quality metrics, and all other kinds of requisite documentation—all within a centrally accessible repository.
What are the Benefits of an Automated Supplier Management Program?
As manufacturing goals and processes change over time, new suppliers are continually added to the mix and the statuses of existing suppliers fluctuate. An automated supplier management program can help you streamline procedures and efficiently manage and monitor approved vendor lists (AVLs). Look over the following list of supplier management program needs and see which ones apply to your particular circumstances:
- Do you have a user-friendly supplier management program interface for accessing all documentation and records related to each of your suppliers? If not, how serious is your need for one?
- Could you use an improved view into your suppliers' status so you have a better indication of which vendors are approved and which are not?
- Do you need to maintain all supplier status and essential quality information (i.e., approval status, contact information, recent audits, non-conforming material reports, CAPA reports, contracts, approved goods/services, supplier ratings, links to analytics reports, etc.) in a central and secure repository that is easily accessible?
- Do you want online access to analytics that can help you dynamically build reports that trend and filter all data collected about your suppliers?
- Could your supplier management program get a boost from an enhanced capability to manage approvals at the individual part or services level?
- Would organization-wide access to AVLs - updated in real time - benefit your organization?
- Does your current supplier management program give you access to and seamless integration with other complementary supplier-focused quality event solutions that help you manage risk, deviation, CAPA, and audits?
MasterControl's Supplier Management Program
Expert supplier management can be mastered when you use a powerful professional solution like MasterControl's supplier management software. Users from all departments throughout an enterprise - quality professionals, executives, managers, and IT personnel - can take control of their supplier management program by implementing MasterControl.
The MasterControl software gives all employees a user-friendly interface for accessing all documentation and records related to each supplier. It also provides the ability to share supplier qualification data with others in geographically disparate divisions, which can eliminate costly duplicated efforts and speed up a product's time to market. In the long run, MasterControl's supplier management programs help reduce the money otherwise wasted on purchasing out-of-spec or faulty products from unapproved suppliers.
The unique "Supplier View" feature of the MasterControl supplier management program displays a "Supplier Status" field for each supplier, indicating if a particular vendor is approved or not. All supplier status and crucial quality information - such as approval status, contact information, recent audits, non-conforming material reports, contracts, approved goods/services lists, supplier ratings, links to analytics reports, and more - is contained in a centralized, easily accessible repository. The system's simple interface makes adding or changing data pertaining to suppliers, parts, or services a snap. In addition, the goods/services links contained within the program operate bi-directionally, allowing users to automatically check approval status and review detail information.
Compliant Supplier Management Programs
The MasterControl supplier management program facilitates compliance with a broad range of regulatory guidelines related to supplier management including:
- ISO 9001:2000
- Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP)
- IOP Standards
- UN Supplier Code of Conduct
- British Retail Consortium (BRC) Global Standards
Regulatory standards like these recommend that organizations document all supplier- and customer-related activities that may lead to actual or potential non-conformances. To respond to such needs, the MasterControl software has been designed to facilitate compliance by offering users an easily maintainable approved vendor list (AVL).
One of the greatest benefits of the MasterControl supplier management program is that it provides a web-based platform that helps all parties involved in supplier management stay connected from virtually anywhere in the world. In addition, the MasterControl software seamlessly integrates with other quality management solutions and ensures that upgrades are fast, easy, and cost effective. MasterControl also offers a broad selection of validation products and services that address different needs based on the individual risk assessments of your organization.
Learn More About Supplier Management Programs
To learn more about supplier management program, please feel free to contact a MasterControl representative.