How Can The MasterControl Enterprise PDM Connector Help You?
MasterControl has developed an easy to use connector for the SolidWorks® Enterprise PDM solution that allows for collaboration and redlining on PDF drawings while guaranteeing that PDF copies in the MasterControl system stay in sync with native files in the PDM solution.
Here are just a few examples of how MasterControl's SolidWorks® Enterprise PDM integration facilitates the handling of complex CAD files and, in so doing, helps companies in regulated environments overcome common product data management challenges.
|Complex Process: |
CAD file relationships are intrinsically complicated and can be disrupted by introducing inadequate maintenance and control systems.
MasterControl's SolidWorks® Enterprise PDM Connector provides users with a straightforward means of applying document control to CAD data without forcing designers into a non-native application for managing their CAD files. CAD files are maintained by the native PDM solution while MasterControl creates PDF copies for official document control purposes such as routing, approval, and production.
Manually revising, publishing, and routing drawings can be time consuming and wastes resources throughout the enterprise.
MasterControl "InfoCards" are created for each new and revised drawing at a user-defined state in the SolidWorks® solution, automating the publishing process and allowing drawings to be routed for collaboration and approval.
Manual systems have inherently complex structures, which can lead to limited or no workflow capability for routing and approving crucial CAD product data.
MasterControl manages and tracks the creation, change, and archiving of all information relating to a product. The automated routing and approval provided by MasterControl's PDM connector improves workflow functionality and allows for effective, seamless handling of CAD files.
Product information is scattered throughout several different systems and is often out of sync with data in the PDM solution.
When the link between MasterControl and the SolidWorks® Enterprise PDM solution is initialized, the system automatically processes packets of files until there are no more files requiring synchronization. The MasterControl system can also be manually synchronized and still identify and rectify any gaps that may exist.
Features and Benefits of the MasterControl SolidWorks® Enterprise PDM Connector:
- Security: MasterControl PDM integration keeps companies compliant by insuring that data is kept consistent between systems. MasterControl features electronic signature capabilities and time-stamped audit trails as well as dual passwords for document approval and password certification, expiration, and encryption.
- Collaboration: The MasterControl SolidWorks® Enterprise PDM Connector fosters an effective communication environment by allowing users to collaborate on engineering drawings using nothing more than Adobe Reader®. Users across an organization can redline and collaborate on drawings, even those users who lack intimate knowledge of the CAD package. When collaboration introduces new changes, collaboration leaders can make the necessary modifications using the native CAD application. The MasterControl system then automatically publishes a new PDF file reflecting the changes made.
- Notification: If missing metadata in the PDM system causes the transfer process to fail, MasterControl automatically notifies assignable users.
- Links: MasterControl InfoCards link to native drawing files in the PDM system, which simplifies referencing when the time comes to revise drawings. The InfoCards also support custom field data that can be directly passed from the PDM solution.
- Update Management: MasterControl provides continuous and automatic monitoring for new and revised released-state drawings in the PDM solution. The system publishes a PDF main file for each new drawing using the metadata from the Enterprise PDM solution. Similarly, revised drawings trigger revisions in MasterControl which pushes the metadata from the PDM solution to updated MasterControl InfoCards.
- Integration: MasterControl's PDM connector works seamlessly with MasterControl BOM™ to provide a unified configuration structure throughout the design and manufacturing processes.
- Part Numbering: The MasterControl SolidWorks® Enterprise PDM Connector allows CAD users to leverage MasterControl's robust part numbering mechanism. Many options are available allowing users to create simple sequential numbering series or very complex "smart" numbering schemes.
For More Information
For more information about PDM / CAD Management Software or about MasterControl PDM Connector for SolidWorks' Enterprise PDM Software, please feel free to contact a MasterControl representative.