Simplify Configuration Management of a Collection of Documents
MasterControl Document Collections allows users to create documentation “bundles” in a folder structure and easily route them for collaboration and approval.
With MasterControl’s Document Collections software solution, a bundle of documentation can be approved while all of the contents are also approved at the same time. When a component item within a document collection is revised, the full bundle has a new revision or version, depending on system settings, and is then sent back to a “draft” vault.
- Efficiency:Many companies lack the ability to link a group of documents in cases where one is revised and subsequently the entire group structure requires re-approval. MasterControl users have the ability to collect, review, and approve a bundle of documents as a single unit.
- Input on Product Impact:Revising documents as a collection allows users to eliminate the headaches of trying to maintain continuity across multiple, disparate entities. MasterControl Document Collections makes it possible to effortlessly identify a change to a single document that may impact multiple collections.
- “Virtual” Documents:All bundled documents can be configured to be reviewed and approved together within the MasterControl system. If a component document is versioned or revised, the entire group gets versioned/revised as well, thereby ensuring the consistency of the documentation.
- Group Review and Approval:Many documents relating to a specific site, contractor, supplier, etc., must be considered and approved together. MasterControl makes it possible to unite documentation and avoid overload.
- Efficient Collaboration:Document collections can be placed in a collaboration within the MasterControl system so that all elements of the collection are edited together. The contents of the collection can still be edited within collaborations.
- Linked Revisions:All components can be versioned or revised as a group. Multiple translations can be routed to ensure that edits are consistent and revisions are linked.
- Unparalleled Document Connectivity:The simplest way to manage consultant, investigator, and supplier documents is to contain them in a single, centralized collection for review, collaboration, and approval. With MasterControl Document Collections, when any one document changes, the entire collection requires re-approval to ensure those changes are considered as part of the collection environment.
- Multi-Language Capability:MasterControl allows users to work in seven different languages without worrying about keeping documents “in sync.”
- Manufacturing Benefits:Device Master Records (DMRs) and their numerous configurations can be readily controlled and tracked throughout a product’s lifecycle. When documents in the DMR are frequently revised it is easy to find and review all of the various configurations of the DMR that have existed throughout a product’s lifecycle. Teams can also effectively track the configuration of the DMR that was in effect when a specific lot of product was produced.
- Improved Access to Documents:MasterControl users can maintain access to a “released” version of the collection while the new revision is being created.
- Single View Presentation:Collections can be published as a single PDF with configurable watermarks, security features, and signature manifests.
MasterControl Inc. produces software solutions that enable regulated companies to get their products to market faster, while reducing overall costs and increasing internal efficiency. MasterControl securely manages a company’s critical information throughout the entire product lifecycle. Our software is known for being easy to implement, easy to validate and easy to use. MasterControl solutions include quality management, document management/document control, product lifecycle management, audit management, training management, bill of materials, supplier management, submissions management, and more. Supported by a comprehensive array of services based on industry best practices, MasterControl provides our customers with a complete information management solution across the entire enterprise. For more information about MasterControl, visit www.mastercontrol.com, or call: 800-825-9117 (U.S.); +44 (0) 1256 325 949 (Europe); or 03-6801-6147 (Japan).