How can MasterControl MasterControl PDM Connector for PDMWorks Software help you?
The MasterControl PDM Connector for SolidWorks PDMWorks Software is easy to use and allows collaboration and redlining on PDF drawings while guaranteeing that the PDF copy in the MasterControl system stays in sync with native files in the PDMWorks™ solution.
Here are some examples of how the MasterControl PDM Connector for SolidWorks PDMWorks Software facilitates the handling of complex CAD files and, in so doing, helps companies in regulated environments overcome common product data management challenges.
|Complex Process: |
CAD file relationships are intrinsically complicated and can be disrupted by introducing inadequate maintenance and control systems.
The MasterControl PDM Connector for SolidWorks PDMWorks Software provides users with a straightforward means of applying document control to CAD data without forcing designers into a non-native application for managing their CAD files. CAD files are maintained by the native PDM solution while MasterControl creates PDF copies for official document control purposes such as routing, approval and production.
Manually revising, publishing, and routing drawings is time consuming and wastes resources throughout the enterprise.
MasterControl "InfoCards" are created for each new and revised drawing at a user-defined state in the PDMWorks™ solution, automating the publishing process and allowing drawings to be routed for collaboration and approval
Manual systems have inherently complex structures, which can lead to limited or no workflow capability for routing and approving crucial CAD product data.
MasterControl manages and tracks the creation, change and archiving of all information relating to a product. The automated routing and approval provided by the MasterControl PDM Connector for SolidWorks PDMWorks Software improves workflow functionality and allows effective, seamless handling of CAD files.
Product information is scattered throughout several different systems and is often out of sync with data in the PDM solution.
When the link between MasterControl and the PDMWorks™ solution is initialized, the system automatically processes packets of files until there are no more files requiring synchronization. The MasterControl system can also be manually synchronized and still identify and rectify any gaps that may exist.
Features and Benefits of MasterControl PDM Connector for PDMWorks Software:
- Security: MasterControl PDM integration keeps companies compliant by ensuring that data is kept consistent between systems. MasterControl features electronic signature capabilities and time-stamped audit trails as well as dual passwords for document approval and password certification, expiration and encryption.
- Collaboration: The MasterControl PDM Connector for SolidWorks PDMWorks Software fosters an effective communication environment by allowing users to collaborate on engineering drawings using nothing more than Adobe Reader. Users across an organization can redline and collaborate on drawings, even those users who lack intimate knowledge of the CAD package. When collaboration introduces new changes, collaboration leaders can make the necessary modifications using the native CAD application. MasterControl then automatically publishes a new PDF file reflecting the changes made.
- Notification: If missing metadata in the PDM system causes the transfer process to fail, MasterControl automatically notifies assignable users.
- Links: MasterControl InfoCards link to native drawing files, which simplifies referencing when the time comes to revise drawings. The InfoCards also support custom field data that can be directly passed from the PDM solution.
- Update Management: MasterControl provides continuous and automatic monitoring for new and revised released-state drawings in the PDM solution. The system publishes a PDF main file for each new drawing using the metadata from the PDMWorks solution. Similarly, revised drawings trigger revisions in MasterControl which pushes the metadata from the PDM solution to updated MasterControl InfoCards.
- Integration: MasterControl's PDM connector works seamlessly with MasterControl BOM to provide a unified organizational structure throughout the design and manufacturing processes.
For More Information on MasterControl PDM Connector for PDMWorks Software
For more information about PDM / CAD Management Software, or the MasterControl PDM Connector for SolidWorks PDMWorks Software, please feel free to contact a MasterControl representative.