MasterControl Announces Upcoming Release of Version 6
SALT LAKE CITY Sept. 22, 2006 MasterControl Inc., the leading provider of quality management software solutions for regulated industries, today announced the upcoming release of MasterControl™ Version 6, which features six groundbreaking software modules and hundreds of enhanced features.
The next version of the MasterControl suite, scheduled for release in the fourth quarter of 2006, builds on MasterControl's traditional strengths ? compliance, connectivity, and ease of use ? to help companies achieve greater efficiency and higher product quality. This release is significant in three ways:
- With six new solutions, Version 6 vastly expands MasterControl's offerings to better address the needs of diverse customers, especially large-scale organizations.
- Through extensive enhancements, it adds powerful capabilities that let current users widen the applicability of their MasterControl systems.
- It leverages MasterControl's strategic "continuous validation" approach that makes software validation for FDA-regulated companies easier, faster, and more cost-effective.
MasterControl Version 6 will introduce the following new modules:
- MasterControl Document Connections™ enables companies to integrate their existing electronic repositories with MasterControl applications for effective management of specific quality processes critical to compliance such as training, CAPA, and nonconformance disposition. This module enables easy and immediate integration without expensive custom coding.
- MasterControl Enterprise™ provides enterprise-wide connectivity for diverse organizations without sacrificing the flexibility of individual business units to manage their own processes. This innovative solution offers advanced filtering capability that enables individual units to participate in the overall corporate quality system while streamlining and optimizing their processes independently.
- MasterControl Rules™ allows customers to monitor quality events and tasks on a real-time basis, which is crucial in ensuring FDA and ISO compliance. Users will be able to monitor the process through user-defined rules that trigger automatic notification when user-specified thresholds are surpassed.
- MasterControl Toolkit™ is an application programming interface (API) module that gives companies the capability to integrate MasterControl's robust quality management solutions with their existing enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer resource management (CRM), and other systems for a more connected suite of applications.
- MasterControl Projects™ provides a connected method for managing and streamlining the different phases of document-based or process-oriented projects. Unlike other project management tools, this powerful application knows when documents or processes are complete, providing real-time status information without asking end users for progress reports.
- MasterControl Transfer OQ? is an ideal tool for customers with risk-based policies that allow assimilation or ?transfer? of OQ documentation as part of their overall validation effort, saving both time and money. TOQ provides completed validation and support documentation of IQ/OQ tests performed at MasterControl.
?Following on the coattails of our sales team generating four consecutive record-breaking quarters, we are thrilled to deliver this record-breaking release, which addresses more customer enhancement requests than we ever have before. At the same time, it delivers new modules to better serve both our existing and new customers,? said Brian Curran, MasterControl's senior vice president of product management and strategic marketing.
This major release is in keeping with MasterControl's commitment to provide a complete solution that allows continuous compliance for regulated industries, said Jim Murrin, MasterControl's senior vice president of sales and business development. ?Version 6 reflects a balance in our offerings for both new and long-time customers. MasterControl is making it easier for companies to comply with regulations, improve product quality, and save on implementation dollars,? he said.
MasterControl Inc. has been at the forefront of providing innovative electronic quality management systems since 1993. Hundreds of companies worldwide use MasterControl to help ensure compliance with FDA regulations such as 21 CFR Parts 11, 210-211, 820, 606; ISO 9000, ISO 13485, ISO 14000, and other ISO standards; and Sarbanes-Oxley Act requirements. In addition to providing off-the-shelf products, MasterControl also offers comprehensive technical and customer support, including product training, implementation, and validation services. For more information, visit www.mastercontrol.com, or call 800-825-9117.