Standards and Requirements of the ISO 14000 and 14001 Series
The above white paper lists the standards required by ISO 14000 and ISO 14001 series. It also discusses specific requirements and how MasterControl addresses them, including:
- Storing and managing environmental policy;
- Controlling nonconformance according to ISO 14000;
- Managing implementation and reporting of corrective/preventive action (CAPA);
- Documentation of management review of EMS;
- Facilitates communication at various levels;
- Managing training implementation and documentation; and
- Maintaining an ISO 14000-compliant EMS.
The ISO 14000 Family
ISO 14000 consists of a family of standards that address various aspects of environmental management. The very first two standards, ISO 14001 2004 and ISO 14004 2004 deal with environmental management systems (EMS). ISO 14001 2004 provides the requirements for an EMS, and ISO 14004:2004 provides general EMS guidelines.
The other standards and guidelines in the family address specific environmental aspects, including labeling, performance evaluations, lifecycle analysis, and communication and auditing.
Benefits of ISO 14000
Some of the ways in which ISO 14000 benefits companies are listed below:
- Reduces risk and liability with ISO 14000 compliance;
- Improves overall environmental performance;
- Increases efficiency, resulting in cost savings;
- Reduces costs associated with emissions, discharges, waste handling, and disposal; and
- Saves money by providing a safer workplace.
Other ISO Standards Relevant to ISO 14000
ISOのすべてがその他のすべてと関連があるため、ISO14000に加えて、熟知する必要がある（そしてマスターコントロールが支援する）基準は、ISO 9000特にISO 9001 2000（一般的な品質管理基準）やISO 13485（規制目的で医療機器の品質要件を扱う）、ISO 14971（医療機器のリスク管理基準をカバーする）です。
For More Information on ISO 14000
To learn more about MasterControl and how MasterControl solutions can streamline compliance with the standards of ISO 14000, please feel free to contact a MasterControl representative.