White Paper on What is a ISO 9001 Quality System
ISO 9000 standards (which include ISO 9001) consist of a group of processes used to generate and deliver products and/or services that meet documented company policies and objectives. The ISO 9000 2000 Standards white paper(which you can download above) discusses these standards (including those for ISO 9001) in greater detail.
Learn How ISO 9001 is the Foundation
The standards associated with ISO 9001, in particular, ISO 9001 2000, are really the foundation of the ISO 9000 family of standards. This is because they establish the standards for creating and maintaining a quality management system. If there are documentation changes to ISO 9001 2000, it is very likely that many other documents and/or processes will be affected.
Requirements of ISO 9001
Some of the requirements for ISO 9001 certification are listed below:
- Maintain a set of procedures that cover all key processes in the business;
- Monitor processes to ensure that they are effective;
- Keep adequate records;
- Check product output for defects, and use appropriate corrective action where necessary;
- Regularly review individual processes and the quality system itself for effectiveness; and
- Facilitate continual improvement according to ISO 9001 standards.
For More Information on ISO 9001
To learn more about ISO 9001, or about how our automated solutions can streamline ISO compliance, please feel free to contact a MasterControl representative.