Did You Know?
Did you know that few firms are measuring the cost of onboarding?
Onboarding "new hires" or moving employees from one assignment to the next effectively and efficiently is critical to a firm's productivity and profitability. Yet, few firms measure the cost or the return on investment, and fewer still are able to eliminate such costs.
Everyone from the head of the firm/agency to the last employee hired says that the hiring and training program is critical to productivity and profitability, yet few measure it and fewer have developed "Onboarding" best practices. Who owns it? How is it being measured?
In filling "operations" new-hire positions orientation and training problems often fall short of the operation manager's expectations. The gap is the lack of alignment between the functions that characterize the responsibilities of the Human Resources and the Operations departments.
- What is HR's Onboarding role versus Operations' Onboarding role?
- Are HR's and Operations' roles aligned?
- Who owns the combined responsibility?
- Who's measuring what results when?
- Are there ways to better align the efforts and resources across the HR and Operations functional processes to create a golden thread for the new hire and improve the Onboarding process?
Minimize the onboarding effort throughout the "cross-process team" activities:
- Optimally develop and deliver the business and operations training required
- Set new-hire expectations to take responsibility for their own performance
- Accelerate the new-hire learning curve and improve the time to train new hires
How do you bring Learning Management Systems (LMS), Document Management Systems (DMS), and Knowledge Management Systems (KMS) together with "Content" Development Systems to improve effectiveness and efficiency?
Learn about the ExpressTrain/MasterControl system that works in the Knowledge Transfer space between business and operational processes. It specializes in accelerating the transfer of information from the knowledge producers to the knowledge consumers by transforming "learning content" into a variety of useful formats, including; Instructor led training, Web-based training, e-Learning, Performance Support Tools from User Manuals to Quick Reference Guides, and Verification Tools like Checklists, Quizzes, and Tests.
Download a white paper at http://www.expresstrain-ts.com/onboarding/