MasterControl Expands Life Science Compliance Software Offerings with Release of Version 6
SALT LAKE CITY Jan. 23, 2007 MasterControl Inc., the leading provider of compliance management software solutions for the life science industry, today announced the availability of MasterControl™ Version 6, which vastly expands the company’s offerings with the introduction of five new modules.
This major release is consistent with MasterControl’s commitment to provide a complete compliance software solution to help companies achieve greater efficiency and higher product quality. With Version 6, MasterControl aims to:
- Better address the needs of diverse customers, especially large-scale organizations by introducing new modules and expanding offerings that will facilitate compliance management.
- Add powerful capabilities through hundreds of enhancements to let current users widen the applicability of their MasterControl systems.
- Leverage MasterControl’s strategic "continuous validation" approach, which makes software validation for FDA-regulated companies easier, faster, and more cost-effective.
Version 6 builds on MasterControl’s traditional strengths — ease of use, compliance, and connectivity. It introduces the following compliance management software applications:
- MasterControl Document Connections™ enables companies to integrate their existing electronic repositories with MasterControl applications for effective management of specific quality processes critical to compliance such as training, CAPA, and nonconformance disposition. This module enables easy and immediate integration without expensive custom coding.
- MasterControl Enterprise™ provides enterprise-wide connectivity for diverse organizations without sacrificing the flexibility of individual business units to manage their own processes. This innovative compliance management software offers advanced filtering capability that enables individual business units to participate in the overall corporate quality system while streamlining and optimizing their processes independently.
- MasterControl Rules™ allows customers to monitor quality events and tasks on a real-time basis, which is crucial in ensuring FDA compliance. Users will be able to monitor the process through user-defined rules that trigger automatic notification when user-specified thresholds are surpassed.
- MasterControl Toolkit™ is an application programming interface (API) module that gives companies the capability to integrate MasterControl’s robust quality management solutions with their existing enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer resource management (CRM), and other systems for a more connected suite of applications and a holistic approach to compliance management.
- MasterControl Transfer OQ™ is an ideal tool for customers with risk-based policies that allow assimilation or “transfer” of OQ documentation as part of their overall validation effort, saving both time and money. TOQ provides completed validation and support documentation of IQ/OQ tests performed at MasterControl, as part of an overall continuous validation strategy.
The MasterControl™ integrated compliance software solution helps companies meet stringent FDA requirements, but hundreds of companies also use the software for compliance with ISO standards, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and other regulations. MasterControl facilitates compliance management by automating and managing document and change control, training management, audits, corrective/preventive action (CAPA), customer complaints, nonconformance disposition, deviation handling, electronic batch record management, and other quality processes critical to regulatory compliance.
MasterControl Inc. has been at the forefront of providing compliance management software solutions since 1993. Hundreds of life science companies worldwide use MasterControl to help ensure compliance with FDA regulations such as 21 CFR Parts 11, 210-211, 820, and 606. In addition to providing off-the-shelf products, MasterControl also offers comprehensive technical and customer support, including product training, implementation, and validation services. For more information about MasterControl compliance software, visit www.mastercontrol.com, or call 800-825-9117.